Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Three Color Rule

12.6.11a
12.6.11b
12.6.11c
{Blouse, Similar Sweater, Similar Coat, Similar Jeans}

When I was a little girl, I basically was given hand me downs every year. Which was fine by me because I'd see my sister wear something and I couldn't wait to get my little hands on it. As I was in Target yesterday I saw a mom hold up a graphic tee to her 2 year old and ask her if she'd wear that with her jeggings. The 2 year old obviously didn't care but I thought it was cute so I relayed this story to my mother in disbelief that a mom would consult her 24 month old on what she would wear. 

"Well I had to give you the 3-color rule when you wear that age."
"What? You gave me rules? I didn't need rules." 
"You would put all of these crazy colors together and I'd say 'baby, pick your three favorite colors and just wear those.' And it would work every time."

So I used that rule today. I picked my favorite three colors and went with it. I don't know if this is on Nina Garcia's style rules, but it worked for me. Thanks, mom.