Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

The Truth About No. 23

8.3.10e
8.3.10d
8.3.10a
8.3.10b
8.3.10c
Honestly, I debated on posting this outfit or not. For one I did not wash my hair yesterday. Sometimes this works out (see #21), most of the time it does not and I end up by 5 pm looking like I haven't showered in days. Secondly, (sekendly?) my hair looked like a hot mess in about half of these pictures which then lead to a fight with my husband as to why he didn't tell me I looked disheveled to which he replied with his big green eyes "but you always look beautiful to me." My raging hormones decided to wage on and fight it out until we ended up with about 5 photos that I was actually smiling in. (Romantic statements like that have never made me a quitter.) Thirdly, I don't know if I can blame the actual outfit or my sour disposition yesterday but I just wasn't feeling spectacular, stunning, the best outfit ever. And you know what?

That is okay.

My husband kindly reminded me of this: "Kendi P. Everyday [this is how he addresses me, always] not every outfit will be your favorite. Not every outfit will be a reader's favorite. But that's not what this is about, it's about creating wearable outfits out of what you have." He hit the nail on the head. It's unrealistic for me to think that every outfit I wear will be my favorite, every single day. In fact, on this side of yesterday, I actually like my outfit a lot more than I was giving myself credit for. I would wear that outfit again.

Sometimes you just need a little push and a good dose of perspective. Cherry-flavored perspective though, I hate it in pill form.

By the way, I'm a total robber. I'm also a speeder, a defensive driver, and an all around rule-breaker when it comes to traffic laws.
8.3.10f

(I didn't label it but yes my necklace is from Anirtak. I'm sorry but I bought the last one. You can win one though...or just wait until the end of August when she puts more in her shop. I know, I'm so selfish.)