Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

back to school

8.23.10a
8.23.10b
8.23.10c
8.23.10d
8.23.10f
8.23.10g
8.23.10e
I thought that I'd do a back to school post since my mom, sister-in-law and about half of my friends on facebook went back to school today. I of course did not go back to school from summer vacation but I did go back to work from my weekend, so that's celebration enough. Plus Monday mornings always make me a little nauseous and uneasy, just like the first day of school. I am happy to report that I did not miss the bus today and I was not late to my first class, Starbucks 101.

My husband asked me if I can still remember what I wore on the first day of school for specific years. I remember 3rd, 7th , 9th and 10th grade like it was yesterday. But 7th grade -- ahh 7th grade, that year was especially unique in my memory. Imagine with me guys -- me, 13 years old, lots of teeth with lots of orthodontia going on inside my mouth, and the bushiest eyebrows you've ever seen. (Basically I looked like a teddy bear with glitter teeth when I smiled.) I wanted to look older since I was no longer in elementary, so I raided my mom's closet from which I settled on mom's denim jumper and an oversized orange t-shirt underneath. No denim jumper would be complete without Keds and some white socks. It was 1997 after all. 3 years till Y2K -- I had to live it up.

Do you like my courses for this semester?
8.23.10h
Looks like I'll be hitting the books hard for flower arranging and the art of husbandry. Wish me luck. If I get all A's, the husband will take me shopping.