Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thirty Looks

You know when I started this crazy thing, I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. There was no scientific equation to the idea of 30 items. (For the last time, I am not a scientist!) It simply came from the idea that one month is about 30 days, so you would wear (give or take, of course) 30 outfits right? I liked the idea of a matching number, so 30 items into 30 outfits just stuck.

After braving this challenge five times now, I've come to realize that numbers do not matter when it comes to your closet. I have a lot of clothes because as it would turn out I just really liked getting dressed. To some, 30 pieces is a lot. To others, it's a fraction of their closet. In my mind this idea of being a minimalist, perhaps the complete opposite of who I am, was who I thought I needed to be.  If I shop too much, then becoming opposite of that would help me, is what I thought.  I would peer into my friends' closets and see half of what I owned and would be ashamed of the amount of items I had. So I decided to look at my closet in a different way and what I saw was not that I wanted less, but that I could do more. 

More than anything I've accepted who I am. My life doesn't have to look like someone else's to be right and vice versa. I will always be a shopper; a hunter of sales, bargains and discounted fine goods as I like to call myself. But it's what I do with what I purchase or what I already have that matters. That's what I'm starting to figure out. I now see my closet as a well-curated collection of infinite possibilities. The number could be 10 things, or 30, but I see now that whatever your number is or my number is -- they don't have to match. There is no wrong way or right way to find your style. It just has to make sense for you. Finding your style is an experiment anyways, we might as well have fun with it, right?

Enough talk right? More pictures. All 30 outfits in one post: 


{You can click each image and go to the full post, if you'd like.}