Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Holly Go-Cheaply

4.1.10
4.1.10blog
4.1.10
4.1.10
4.1.10

I'm pregnant.

April Fool's. I'm not. It's just been a long running joke since high school that I say on April Fool's Day. Of course when I started that joke I never took into consideration that it would suck if I actually was pregnant on April Fool's and no one believed me because I cried wolf baby for so many years. I guess eventually people would figure out that I was pregnant and wasn't just hiding a beach ball under my maternity dress all for kicks and grins. Till then, see you next year super original pregnant April Fool's joke.

Today is a very important day. For one, it's my best friend's birthday, whom I adore dearly. Happy B-day, Molly, wish I could be there to celebrate like you were 21 instead of 25.

Secondly, today marks the first day of the "No shopping" month. That's right I'm not allowed to shop this month, I'm even turning my credit cards in to my husband because I'm that weak. (I'm one of those Americans who thinks that a purchase doesn't exist if you put it on a credit card. Yay! Free money!) Now, this isn't a mandate set by my bull of a husband, this is a personal choice and perhaps one forced by two things: 1) that we may or may not have just realized that we are poor and 2) we may or may not owe taxes in a rather large amount that makes me ill when I think about it. Other than that it's a totally natural decision.

Thirdly, I am also challenging myself to remix 30 items within my closet this month. When I write that number it seems like a lot but it really isn't or so I tell myself. From shoes to pants to shirts, I will force 30 outfits out of those 30 items. (36 if you count belts, but I see belts as the chips and salsa of a meal, those calories don't really count.) At first I was going to make a big deal out of this, take out a billboard in my town, place some ads on Facebook that say "Are YOU up for the challenge?" but then I decided that I was fooling myself. This isn't a gimmick, this is the reason I started my blog -- to be completely intentional with what I buy (or do not buy) and to find my closet as a resource and not as just a bottomless supply that constantly needs to be refilled. (And you thought it was so I could get a bit at my local comedy club.) Plus, it's not like this is a ground-breaking experiment. I'm not finding the cure for cancer, I'm doing what God intended me to do with clothes -- wear them. Maybe just with a bit more elbow grease and creativity. No longer do I need to say those 5 little words -- I have nothing to wear. I have plenty to wear. And do not need to buy something new when I have plenty waiting to be worn. Let "Project I Have Nothing to Wear" begin.

Fourthly, we're installing a rockwall inside of our house. It's always something I've wanted to do and April just seemed like challenge month so why not, right? Ha! Got you again. April Fool's -- there's no rockwall in our house.

Today was the first day of my 30 days to remix. Get used to seeing this little black dress around. Her name is Sally and she says hello. I feel very Audrey Hepburn in it, but I decided to update it a bit and make it more approachable and casual for the office. A little leather belt and gladiator wedges did the trick.

One more thing, I hope you all don't get tired of my re-wears over the next month. More than anything I want to prove to myself that I can re-mix something and make it completely original, so I hope you follow me along the journey. If not, I'll see you in May.

(Thanks to Jennifer of Aspiring Fashionista for the feature!)