Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

faking it: j.crew style

3.22.10blog
3.22.10
3.22.10
3.22.10
3.22.10
3.22.10

There are three things I need to say about this outfit. First I'm wearing pants. This is a very rare for me here on my blog. Besides jeans, I don't really wear pants that often. It's usually a skirt or nothing at all. (The Nothing At All site hasn't gone live yet.) I've been seeing pants all over this spring and decided to give these capris a whirl. Capris of all pants too. I know, I know -- I'm just so unpredictable.

Two, I felt a bit Stepford wife-ish or like I should belong to a country club. I was trying to go for a "J.Crew on the cheap" look. It's always good to remind my employers that I don't always dress like a 14 year old girl. I think I succeeded in my homage to j.crew, but I still felt like I needed a martini, a long cigarette and some small town gossip to spread. I also made my husband chauffeur me around today while I lounged in the back seat of our town car. It's a tough life.

Three, I should be applauded for not falling down in those heels today. It was their first day out on the town and I pretty much just shuffled around. Shuffled as in I might as well have been wearing roller blades, because that's what it looked like I was doing. I've always prided myself on being able to walk well in heels, but these guys with their tiny 3 inch heel presented a challenge. But they were cheap and I'm always up for a good challenge.

I also need some light praise for this photo shoot today. I'm normally very private with our shoots and I prefer to do them in places where no one will see us. (I'm terrified of people asking me what I'm doing. You should hear the excuses I've come up with just in case we get asked. School project, I'm a tourist, or the old "we got lost" routine...) Well not only was this shop downtown where many people were around but I got honked at, waved to and someone asked Bryan to take their picture as well. Somewhere in between starting this blog and now I've lost all self-awareness. And that's a very good thing.