Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Most Likely to Succeed

3.29.10blog
3.29.10
3.29.10
3.29.10
3.29.10
Do you ever wake up and your face is swollen but you don't know why? Well I did today and I didn't notice it until I got to work and went to the bathroom around 10 am. "Dang." Was the first thing out of my mouth followed by " How did I miss that?" referring to the dark circles under my eyes. Then I wondered if I had sleep-walked to a bar and enrolled in an underground fight club. Of course no visible bruises, only swollen face so maybe I just did some cortisone on the way home. Someone at work asked if I'd been crying, another asked if it was allergies. I went with allergies. It's official, I'm allergic to Mondays. And probably pollen.

Well let's be honest here. If this dress were in the yearbook, it would be voted "Most Likely Too Short To Wear to The Office." But seemingly how I was voted "Class Favorite" in 7th grade, I thought that I'd try it out. I wore it as shown this morning but then I actually slipped on some denim leggings at lunch, just to be on the safe side. You know what they say: Better safe, than fired. Or at least that's what my boss says.


In other news, I am wearing one of the only thrifted items I still own. In college, I was a thrift store maniac. It was when thrifting wasn't the hippest thing and none of the thrift stores were picked over, so I had the run of the store most of the time. I love this necklace, very faux-thropologie. And like I said -- one of the few things I kept. I got rid of most of the items I'd thrifted because it either didn't fit or it was a t-shirt, which I never wear any more. Ahh the college days, when Chuck's, skinny jeans and a thrifted Reba McIntyre concert tee meant I was cool. Now I have to smile and tell jokes for people to like me. Man, being a grown up is hard.

UPDATE: Okay, after reading all of your comments, I agree -- my dress wasn't too short to wear to work. (Yay!) I think that I'm just afraid of spring legs without tights or pants. I feel a bit exposed after months of wearing tights. Especially when everyone in my office wears pants. When you're the only pair of uncovered legs, things can get weird. From the bottom of my bare legs, thank you for the encouragement to wear skirts and dresses without the comfort of tights. Spring it on.