Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

little black dress

5.4.10words
5.4.10
5.4.10
5.4.10
5.4.10
5.4.10

5.4.10
Can I just say that I never, in a million years, expected anyone to ever read my blog? I'm even surprised to hear that my mom reads it every once in a while. She'll call me up and say "Good stuff....looking cute..." so I'm not actually sure if she is reading it now that I think of it. I might have to start quizing her on my outfits. So when I was contacted about a style challenge from Talbot's Red Chair Confessions blog I pretty much had a heart attack. A heart attack of joy, of course. 
 
The challenge? Style this dress from Talbots. I said "is that all you've got?" And they said no and sent me their catalog.

Silly me, I thought that this black dress would be a no-brainer to style up. But this shirt dress is so completely classic I was afraid of messing with it at first. It's like the Jackie O of dresses -- chic, classic, and possibly married to a former president. But once I decided that it's hard to mess up classy, I let out a sigh of relief and reached for my wide brown belt and black heels. Then I threw on my sunglasses just for good measure.

I must say that this might be the most flattering dress I've ever owned. It's so nice and tailored and let's be honest, you can never go wrong with a button down or with a black dress. This will most likely become my go-to dress when I need to look nice and polished. If there is one piece of advice you take away from me it's this -- throw away your fat jeans and buy a black dress and some spanx. A little black dress can go a long way. 

This dress can be found here. Courtesy of the nice people at Talbots and Red Chair Confessions.