Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Best Laid Plans

9.16.10a
9.16.10b
9.16.10c
9.16.10d
9.16.10g
9.16.10e
This week did not go as I had planned. I had visions of granduer for this week, that I would show this week who was boss but instead it trumped me. And I let it. But I like my new shirt and believe it or not, that helps. There is nothing like a cheap new shirt that's really soft and feels like I'm wearing a pillow case, but looks expensive and vintage. Am I right or am I right?

Did you ever know that poem when you were younger that started with "We're going on a bear hunt/ we're going to catch a big one"? For some reason, I woke up this morning with that in my head. I immediately woke my husband up and recited this part to him.

A forest
A deep, dark forest
We can’t get over it
We can’t get under it
We can’t get around it
We’ll have to go through it!


It was 6:45 am. My husband did not care nor understand why I was reciting a poem most 5 year olds know and how that related to our problems. But maybe all I needed to know in life I did learn in kindergarten. Here we are standing in front of a large dark forest and we have no idea what is on the other side, we just know we need to get there. We can't go around it. We can't go over it. We can't go under it, although God knows we've tried. All we can do is go through it. You better believe that I'm going through it in heels, though, I'd have it no other way.

So here's to Plans B, C, and D. Because we all know that Plan A was never going to happen anyways.
9.16.10f