Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Stolen Goods

2.22.10
2.22.10
2.22.10
2.22.10
Thank you guys for all of the lovely suggestions on the fake readers!! I've narrowed my search down to 4 or 5 pairs :) You are all my new best friends.

So we celebrated Valentine's a week late since we were on the road for the real date. We're always late so this was appropriate and about 2 months earlier than last year. B took me to Pei Wei, the Gap and to see Valentine's Day. He really knows how to sweep a girl off her feet. The movie was cute*. In fact, I really liked it. I didn't ask my husband's opinion but he did say it wasn't as bad as he expected. And that's good enough for me.

Now onto the outfit. I got this shirt at Anthropologie about 2 years ago. It was a bit snug when I bought it but it was some ridiculous price of $20 so I snatched it right up. Being straight out of college, I wasn't really a patron of Anthro, so I couldn't resist. Today was the first time I'd worn it since then. It's such a pretty shirt but kind of hard to pair it with things. It's a bit short to wear with pants so I decided on my black pencil skirt. To give me more of a silhouette, I added the belt and viola! Instant Anthropologie. Okay or maybe Semi-pologie. The skirt I'm wearing was also an amazing deal -- $10 I think? Maybe $20. I can't recall it was so cheap.

But the necklace. Well, you see the necklace is a whole other story that I probably shouldn't tell you. Okay, well since you asked...in college I worked at a local gift shop. I would wear the jewelry during my shift but sometimes I would forget to take it off and end up with it at home. Most of the time I would take it back**. But this little jewel of a necklace ended up with me somehow. I found it two years ago when we moved. So all of that to say I accidentally stole that necklace. But you know what they say? One man's trash is another man's treasure. That doesn't fit with this situation, does it? Let's just call me a criminal and move on.


*Please note that I have a very high tolerance for cheese-factor movies. If it has hot celebrities, a bad script and love, I'll see it twice in the theatre and then buy it to watch forever. Add 5+ A-list actors, some milk duds and I'm in bad movie heaven.

**Most of the time.