Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

there's no pink in football

2.7.10blog

2.7.10

2.7.10

2.7.10

2.7.10

2.7.10

I just noticed that I look kind of mad in the first picture. But I assure you, I am not. Also, please note that the arrow labeled "gift" is not pointed towards me but to the scarf. I do not presume to be the gift to the world, but that scarf was a gift to me from my cousin when she traveled the world and stopped in Prague.

I should tell you up front that I am not a football fan. In fact, gymnastics and figure skating are my favorite sports and they are only televised a few times a year, if that. So, as if I have to tell you, today is just another Sunday for me. But for the rest of America (and specifically my husband), it's Super Bowl Sunday. So here we are watching football, eating pizza, and yelling at our TV. Honestly, I didn't even know who was playing until today so I decided to dress in the team-neutral color of pink. I knew that I'd be safe in pink since I didn't want to pre-maturely pick sides. (My husband forced me to pick a side. I picked the Colts, only because I like horses.)

The tights I am wearing is one of two online ordering mishaps. The first mishap was a jacket from j.crew. It was on major sale and it was supposed to be a nice, lemony yellow but it turned out to be fluorescent highlighter yellow. I have this guilt complex though and I never returned it nor have I ever worn it. These bright pink tights were the second mishap. They were supposed to be red, Tango Red to be exact. I read review after review on american apparel's website and everyone said it was a dark red. But when I got them in, they were pink, hot pink -- so, so far from tango red. I was so mad at first but the aforementioned guilt complex didn't allow me to return them. I left the tights in the bag and didn't talk to them for a few days. But sure enough I calmed down and gave them a chance. Turns out they aren't as bad as I thought. They aren't Tango Red, but I'm glad I didn't return them. In fact I've given them a new name: Super Bowl Sunday Pink. That makes sense, right?