Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

a little help from my friends

a little help from my friends

What I am about to tell you is true. I've told 2.5 people this story (Well, technically 3 but I'm pretty sure only 2 of them were listening). But since we're friends and I'm desperate, I'll share.

Last fall I went to the optometrist because I had been having headaches -- and I wanted glasses.Yes, I wanted glasses, these glasses to be exact. But my husband wouldn't let me buy them without a prescription (aka so insurance would cover them. Shouldn't fashion therapy also be covered by insurance? I'll check in to that...) Let me tell you, I was a woman obsessed. I wanted, needed those glasses. I was ready and willing to lie and cheat my way to those trendy eye-correction lenses. So I made an appointment with the local eye doctor. I'd had reading glasses before so I didn't think this should be a problem. But I was wrong, so very wrong.

Once I got through the preliminary tests, the doctor came into the exam room. He started running through the exam with me. I was giving varied answers to his questions. Squinting here, hesitating there. Just as I thought that I was failing with flying colors, he looked up from his clipboard, pushed his glasses down on his nose and asked. "I'm sorry but why exactly are you here?"

I looked around the room for a window to escape. I knew I had been caught. "I have headaches?" I answered.

"Well, you have 20/20 vision. So I don't see a problem here." Then he thanked me for coming in for my annual eye exam even though it's not something that many people with my "gift of perfect vision" do.

Needless to say, I walked out of that doctor's office $120 lighter and without my pride. More importantly without my awesome wayfarers.

Since them I've been picking up fake readers and I can't seem to find any that look real. Most of the ones I find at urban outfitters or forever21 are HUGE on my face and it looks like I'm wearing one of those disguises with the fake nose and mustache's attached. I just can't bring myself to fork over $140 for fake glasses, so I'd really like to find a pair that's fairly cheap. So all of that to say --- does anyone know where can I find some authentic looking fake readers? Do you have a pair that you like to wear? Just point me in the right direction and I would be eternally grateful :)