Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

fakewell

6.13.10a
6.13.10c
6.13.10g
6.13.10f
6.13.10e
6.13.10d

Lately it's been so hot here that all I've been thinking about is going around in my underwear. When my husband said no to that option, I called the mayor. He too said that this was not a good idea, even if I used sunscreen. So I went with the next logical option: a maxi dress. Let's make one thing clear -- I do not look good in maxi-dresses. Most of the time they are cut very low on top with have zero support. Then I just feel fat because they hide the best of my body (the lower half) and emphasize the worst (the upper half). Because of these lessons learned, I do not own a maxi dress and do not plan on buying one any time soon. That is until I fell in love with this racerback maxi dress from Madewell:

madewell racerback jersey dress
Oh beautiful, unattainable Madewell -- the store where things never go on sale. And because of this no-sale issues, I don't even set foot inside of the store. I simply gawk at their emails and lookbooks online. Ever since seeing this dress, I've been obsessed with finding a racerback dress. Until today. When I made one up. Out of thin air.

I remembered an important principle that I learned in college. You see I would skip class for half of the semester and then decide to show up on test day. Lesson learned: When all else fails, improvise. So I took a racer back tank, tucked it into my long maxi skirt, belted it and was on my way. My professor would have given me an A on the outfit and a F on the test, since improvising geology terms didn't always work to my advantage. ("Cleavage" means what shows when you wear a low cut shirt right?)