Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tabitha on Why I Remix


My husband is a Financial Advisor and being married to me is no walk in the park. He was aware of my financial ignorance and knew that I had a shopping habit from the very beginning of our relationship, but never knew how much I spent or how often I shopped. When we got married and merged our finances, he became more aware than ever - evaluating every single dime I spent, where I spent it and why. After being grilled so many times for my expensive hobby, I realized that I needed to re-adjust my thinking. In order to save money for those rainy days, I changed how I shop and had to reinvent ways to use every piece of article in my closet.

Why I Remix?

I have a fear of being seen wearing the same outfit twice. Hi, my name is Tabitha and I’m a repeater phobic. Not really true, but sort of. I’ll be honest, I'm not proud of this reason, but it's partially the truth. I used to be, and to a certain extent still am, someone who buys a new outfit for every occasion. Friend's wedding? New dress. Reuniting with old friends? New outfit. Friday night out? New shoes and accessories. You get where I'm going.

The worst part was when I would log on to Facebook, upload photos and realize that I was rotating the same 3 or 4 same outfits when I went out with friends. It made me more self-conscious about wearing the same outfit twice.

I started remixing because I don't have the budget to buy a new outfit every single time I go out. That's an un-realistic fantasy to be able to swing that. I realized that instead of wearing the same outfits, I could remix items to create new outfits. I now love the endless possibilities that one item brings and am not so quick to go shopping when I feel like I have nothing to wear.

_______
Follow Tabitha (and wish her a Happy Birthday tomorrow!) at her blog, Fashion Therapist.