Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

You, Me, and Everyone We Know


11.22.10a

11.22.10b
11.22.10c
11.22.10d
11.22.10h
{Shop: TeeScarf, Boots}

Some days I have to tell myself to calm down. Not like calm down and stop jumping on couches, although I was told that the other night by my husband, but just in general. Calm down and breath. The world will still be spinning, even if you stop to watch it for a second. 

One of my favorite quotes in the world is this: "comparison is the thief of joy." I need this imprinted on the backs of my eyelids. I mean, hey comparison is normal, it's human. But it's not always right. When I start to compare myself with anyone else in the world, I immediately lose my footing on my own level path. If I compare myself to make me feel better, I lose. If I compare myself to someone better than me and feel less important, I lose. If there is one lesson to be learned, it's that there is no way of comparing yourself and winning. You will always lose, even if you win the comparison, because you let someone else tell you who to be. Life's not a competition until you make it one. And in my mind, we will all walk away with shiny trophies just for participating. (Personally, I hope my trophy says "World's Best Dad") 

Calm down and just be. Be who you are. You are the only one who can be that good at being you. 


11.22.10g