Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Kyla on Why I Remix




"I live in a small town and have a small clothing budget to match. Just because I don't have the means or monies to build a huge designer wardrobe doesn't mean I can't have style. Where inspiration lacks, creativity prevails.

Why I Remix?

Because I can. In the not so distant past, I used to have a handful of favorite outfits that I would wear and re-wear, exactly the same way every time. That was dull and unsustainable. Eventually, it left me feeling really bored and unsatisfied with my wardrobe. Which, of course, led to more frustration as my budget didn't allow for constant spending. Now, I'm loving the variety and simplicity that remixing offers. Yes, I can have endless possibilities with finite pieces. Yes, I can have style without breaking the bank. And yes, I can get dressed in less than 15 minutes, because there's only so much to choose from. The latter has been the most resonating perk of the 30 for 30 challenge. At first, I was afraid of limiting myself, but now I find it freeing. Knowing exactly what's there and how it fits makes getting dressed in the morning so much easier. So, yes. I remix because I can."

If you don't already, follow Kyla and her unmatchable remixing skills over at Blue Collar Catwalk.